Write and Manage Effective Contracts
Contracts play an important role in almost every business right from the start. From day one, you may be dealing with contracts with vendors, landlords, customers, and your partners. By making sure your contracts have the right information in them and are managed properly you can set clear expectations and avoid disputes. Effective contract management can even boost your annual revenue by nine percent!
Mitigating Risks in Contracts and Agreements
As a part of our monthly consultation giveaways, you can enter to win a free consultation with Richard Horrell on mitigating risks in your contracts and agreements.
In this general consultation for you and up to one teammate, Richard will provide an overview of common core components of effective contracts and how you can generally incorporate them into your agreements. In addition, Richard will share some best practices for managing contracts, which is a practice that if implemented consistently, can help you avoid penalties, missed deadlines, and invalidated contracts.
The general information shared in this consultation is just that: generalized best practices; does not constitute any legal advice and should not be used as such. Furthermore, the recipient of this consultation is ultimately responsible for their decisions on how they operate their business.
Terms and Conditions
To be eligible for this giveaway you must meet the criteria listed below and complete the entry form prior to August 28th, 2022.
- Identify as Deaf or hard-of-hearing,
- Are 18 years of age or older,
- Have an interest in starting a business, have taken steps to start a business, or have an established business, and
- Are located in the United States at the time of entry
Additional eligibility terms apply. You can find the full terms and conditions by clicking on the "plus sign" below.
Terms and Conditions (click to view)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Introduction. The CSD Social Venture Fund (CSD SVF) August Consultation Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is a reward program with the goal of providing access to critical resources to deaf or hard-of-hearing business owners so they can accurately assess and plan for the future growth of their business.
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who: (a) identify as deaf or hard-of-hearing, (b) are 18 years of age or older, (c) Have an interest in starting a business, have taken steps to start a business, or have an established business, and (d) are located in the United States at the time of entry.
- Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00AM ET August 10, 2022 and ends at 11:59PM ET August 28, 2022.
- How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, participants must fill out an entry form on our website. One entry per email address. Your entry is valid for the current month's CSD SVF Consultation Sweepstakes only, and to be considered again for any future CSD SVF sweepstakes, re-entry is required. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification via email from CSD SVF. By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to CSD SVF’s related Sweepstakes decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling the requirements explained herein.
- Winner Selection and Notification. On or about August 29th potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. CSD SVF will notify the winners by email with instructions on how to claim the prize between August 29th and September 1st. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the email within fifteen days after the email, the winner will forfeit the prize and CSD SVF may award the prize to an alternate entrant, selected at random. Only 3 alternate entrants will be contacted.
- There will be a maximum of 1 (one) prize awarded per month: The prize will consist of a remote one-hour consultation with you and one other member of your staff or business team, and a member of the CSD SVF team or an external subject matter expert on the topic of social media.
- General Rules. CSD SVF is not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond CSD SVF’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vii) any typographical or other error in the advertising related to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; or (viii) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
- Release & Waiver: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless CSD SVF and its affiliates from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
- Disclaimer. None of the information or content included in this Sweepstakes, including the Prize, constitutes professional, legal and/or financial advice. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other content included in this Sweepstakes before making any decisions based on such information. Consistent with Section 8 and in exchange for participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree not to hold CSD SVF, its affiliates liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on information or other content made available to you through the Sweepstakes.
- Disputes/Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or CSD SVF in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Travis County, Texas, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Texas. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD-PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for this Sweepstakes visit csdsvf.com/monthly-consultations. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
- This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (“CSD”), 2028 E Ben White Blvd #240-5250, Austin, TX 78741.